Bingham

Bingham

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is it summer?

We have had a nice week. On Monday Rick had the day off work so we headed to Moraga to look at some houses. We really like it out there. It is beautiful, however, no luck with the houses. We went to the park for a picnic lunch. We also got to see the firemen at the store.







On Thursday we played outside in grandma's backyard in the nice warm weather (75). We rode bikes and played ball. On Friday we went to San Jose to spend the day with grandpa O. We rode bikes down to the park and played soccer with grandpa. We also played basketball, rode the fire truck and had a picnic in the backyard.



On Saturday, there were no new houses on the market so we had the day off from house hunting. We decided to go garage sale(ing). We found some estate sales in Alameda that were GREAT. This is what I got:

1 straw hat
1 black vintage fur hat
1 pair of very old white leather baby shoes
1 set of vintage sheets for picnics at the park
1 vintage yellow glass pitcher (LOVE)
The Magic Umbrella book from 1925
1 silver shawl
all that for $3

At the next sale I got a beautiful mirror for just $5, and the next one I got:

1 box of old vintage fabric (some even labeled as 5cents a yard)
10 bonnets (I got these for the girls in the ward for Trek)
2 aprons
1 pair of vintage navy blue gloves

I think I got a few other things but I can't remember. I spent under $20 for the day. We then went to the park for a picnic lunch. After nap time we took a stroll along the lake. Athen rode his bike, I roller skated and Rick pushed the stroller. We strolled down to the bakery for some donuts. Lots of days at the park this week. We have loved this weather.

2 comments:

Justin said...

your little ones are going so big

Amy and Mike said...

fun! next time post pictures of your loot! :) we're praying you find the perfect home, not cuz we want to lose you, but we know how nice it would be to have a home!