Bingham

Bingham

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend BlogLog - July 11th

Friday night we did a little shopping and ran around town for a while. We had dinner at Pasta Pomadora in Emeryville, cream sauce always hits the spot! We stayed in town this weekend because I went to my high school friend Cyndi's baby shower on Saturday.

After the baby shower Ricky and I suited up in our wetsuits. It takes me a very long time to squeeze my whole body into the neck hole sized opening in the top of my wetsuit. We got down to the beach, blew up the kite and was ready to hop in the water. There were no kites in the air and as we were prepping, a few tried to launch but didn't quite make it up. I casually mentioned to Rick that we might not be able to go kite boarding today because there wasn't enough wind. He said the other guys didn't know what they were doing and that we would be able to get the kite in the air. After sitting in the hot, thick 5.3 wetsuit for about a half an hour trying to get the kite in the air he finally decided that yes there was not enough wind to launch. We packed up and headed home.

On Sunday we headed over to my families house for a last minute family dinner. My little twin brother Justin was headed off to the Air Force. I can't believe he is in boot camp and won't be around for a long time. I wish him luck and hope he comes home safely some day.

No comments: