Bingham

Bingham

Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend BlogLog - Aug. 15th

This weekend Rick and I headed to Mud Lake in the Sierra Mountains. This is my favorite spot in the world! I have been going to the Sierra Mountains each summer since I was 9 years old. There is a little side road off Hwy 88 that leads you to Mud Lake. It is a dirt road that you have to 4 wheel drive to. We camp on the waters edge. It is amazingly beautiful! My dad and I have the tradition of going there each summer for some 4 wheeling. This year we invited Jessica, Jeff and their kids. It was fun to spend time with both of our families.

We got up there latter than everyone else because we had to work until 3:00 on Friday. When we got up there they had a big bonfire going and we were able to enjoy the light of the full moon refecting off the water. You can't get better than a full moon in the Sierras.


In the morning we woke up and my dad and I made a big breakfast for everyone. We did pancakes, bacon, and omelette scrambles with avocados, tomatoes, cheese, green onions, mushrooms and cilantro. It was delicious. We then blew up the dinghy's - we had 3. We relaxed in the rubber rafts on the lake with the morning sun beating down on us. We hiked around, threw rocks in the water, caught baby frogs, played with the cute kids and ate a delicious lunch. In the afternoon Rick, my dad, little Drew and I went 4 wheeling in my dad's "Monster Truck". Drew loved it! We thought he wouldn't last long and would be frightened by the intense 4 wheeling, but he loved it. We went to Devil's Hole and enjoyed the view of the whole valley.

That evening we made dinner, smores and popped some Jiffy popcorn and enjoyed the fire before heading out. Rick and I had to leave Saturday night so we could be home to teach lessons on Sunday morning. Everyone else stayed another night and enjoyed the amazing surroundings of the Sierra Mountains.


No comments: