Tuesday, February 3, 2009
On our one year anniversary I ask myself, what is the one thing I love about Rick? I can't seem to come up with just one answer. Just some of the things I love about Rick (in no particular order):
1. Kindness - I love his kindness. He has a big heart. My theory in my dating/younger years was this: The important thing to notice in a good guy is how he treats other people. If he pays special attention to only you and doesn't notice anyone else around him, opening the door for you and letting it close on the lady right behind you, then there is a pretty good chance that once you marry him, he will start treating you the same way he treats everyone else. If he notices others and treats others kindly, you can be sure he will treat you kindly even after years of marriage. Rick still opens the car door for me even after a year of being married!
Oh yeah, I just thought of another kind thing Rick did. Remember when I blogged about our family cruise to Mexico in May? Well Rick took the blame for what he thought was grandma passing gas in front of the whole family, but it was really the fart machine my dad had that no one knew about - it was hilarious and so sweet.
2. Adventurous - I love Rick's adventurousness. I love that he is up for anything any time. I love that we can hop in the car and take a road trip with out having a destination in mind, that we can ferry over to Vieques Island, hitchhike to the beach, and camp on the sand with our packs. I love that we can camp anywhere and any time even if it is just pitching our tent on the side of the road in the mountains. I love that we love to explore different parts of the world together.
3. Solid as a rock - and I don't just mean his abs. I love his faith, spirituality, and strong testimony of the Gospel.
4. Ambitious - I love Rick's ambitious side. He is a go getter. He spends a lot of time thinking about what he wants and he goes and gets it. He has a great mind and he puts it to work for the good. Always wanting everything to be as good as it can be.
5. Service Oriented - Rick is always serving. He is constantly serving me and our marriage which I am truly grateful for. The first story that comes to mind happened just recently when he laid up with me all night rubbing me legs while I laid on the bathroom floor sick as can be. I laid on that bathroom floor for 15 hours straight. He also does a great job serving others. I remember an experience we had while we were dating. We were on our way to the coast and we pulled in to the grocery store to pick up some food. As we were getting back in to our car, Rick noticed that the lady parked in front of us could use some help. She was sitting on her little driver scooter next to her car trying to load her groceries (they were piled in the front basket of her scooter) into the car. Without thinking twice, he ran over to her car and helped her load her groceries in.
6. Thinker - Although sometimes this drives me crazy about him, I love it. Rick is the biggest thinker I know. He spends every second of the day thinking about things. He uses his mind to make the best decisions, ask the right questions, and find the best way. I tend to be much different in this area, not that I don't think, but sometimes I make quick decisions and I am thankful he is by my side to help me think about it first.
7. Good with money - I love that Rick is good with money. He is a wise spender, a good saver, and still knows how to enjoy life.
8. Listens - Rick is a good listener, this is something that has improved over the last year. You know how they always say men are from mars and women are from venus? This is true, but if you know that, it can be a big help. In the beginning or our marriage, I would come home from a long day at work and want to "vent" to Rick. I would do a little complaining and tell him all my problems. In the beginning Rick would do the guy thing and try to solve the problems, or give me solutions or recommendations which is usually something a girl doesn't want to hear when she is trying to vent. Listening! Rick now just listens, is there for me, and knows exactly what to do.
9. Desire - I love that Rick has a great desire in life. A desire to always be better, and do better. I love that we both have the desire to progress together in life.
10. Good with kids - I love to watch Rick with his nieces and nephews. He loves them to pieces and they love him. He is so good with kids and has a wonderful way of teaching them, loving them and playing with them. Can't wait to have babies with him!
Good Looking - I can't forget that one. I love that my husband is soooo good looking. He turns me on!
Love you to pieces Ricky B. Happy First Anniversary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment