Bingham

Bingham

Friday, February 12, 2010

Athen's first road trip

Sunday night my twin calls me up and says we are going on a girls trip in the morning. I packed my bags and said good bye to my sweet husband. Monday morning Mariah, my mom and I headed down the coast along the 1 to San Simeon. It was a beautiful sunny day and perfect for our drive. Sweet Athen was a DCT. He didn't make a peep the whole way there. We stopped along the side of the road to check out the ocean and the rocky cliffs. I changed Athen and feed him quickly and then we were off again.
We got down to San Simeon and checked in to our little lodge. We then took a tour of Hearst Castle. It was beautiful. It made me feel like I was taking a tour in Europe. I think they should let people entertain there. It would be very cool to stay the weekend there and throw a party. Athen stayed in the baby bjorn during the tour and again didn't make a peep. 


After the tour my mom took us out to a fancy restaurant in the cute little town of Cambria. We had steak, potatoes, veggies, swordfish and of course creme brulee for dessert. What a great week, I got to eat creme brulee twice this week!

We then headed back to our lodge. It had two open rooms together which was nice. We had to jump on the beds because of course that is what you do when you are having a girl weekend. This is my first time documenting it but Mariah, mom and Lauren have documented this before. My pictures didn't turn out as good as my mom's. We were planning on playing games and eating junk food late into the night but after we finished watching the bachelor we were pretty much out. Little Athen had spent the day sleeping so didn't want to go to sleep. Even though he didn't want to sleep he was still a good boy. He just quietly played in his crib for most of the night. 



We woke up and ate breakfast a a cute little french bakery and then walked around all the shops in Cambria for awhile. Athen was good on the way home as well. He was so tired from playing all night that he slept the whole way home. 

It was fun to get away with the girls for a night. It isn't very often that we get to do that without kids (Mariah's kids that is).





My little guy has recently found his thumb. Now that he knows about it he tries looking for it but doesn't always find it. If he is lucky it accidentally slips into his mouth when he's waving his hand around trying to find it. It is adorable. I must say it is nice when his pacifier falls out and he gets a hold of his thumb, we don't have to get up ourselves. However, I'm not so sure the thumb is a good idea. If anything, it is so adorable to watch him with it.


This is Ricky's job when he gets home from work. Each night Ricky gets to feed him his bottle while I pump. He then changes him and puts him to bed. Isn't he a good daddy? Athen loves his dad time each night.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

What a great and fun trip you able to take with your twin and mom! The place is BEAUTIFUL! Rick is a natural dad!!!!

Alice said...

Fun I haven't been to Heasrt Castle since I was little. Jared and I were actually talked lately about going.

Sara said...

I love that you always write about what you eat. :) Wish I was there eating it with you. We should be neighbors someday.

Athen is a doll. Congrats!