Two years ago we looked like this...



Now we look like this...


We celebrated our two year anniversary yesterday on ground hogs day. It was great. Ricky got off work early and walked in the door with a big long tube of paper. I couldn't figure out what it was and then I opened it up and it was some beautiful calla
lillies that were three feet long. Grandma S came over to watch the little bun for us while we went out to dinner.
We headed over to Del Navio which is the restaurant we went to for our wedding luncheon and for our first anniversary. We got there and sure enough it was closed down and another restaurant was there. Rick wanted to go some where else a little nicer and more romantic so we headed over to Piedmont to try a restaurant that was recommended to us. We got there, and although the food looked good it wasn't as nice and romantic as we wanted so we decided to walk around and find a place. By this point we had already been gone for an hour and hadn't even found a place to eat yet.
We walked past a place called Xyclo, looked at the menu and I was sold. It wasn't as romantic and nice as we hoped but the food sounded good. It is a modern Vietnam restaurant. We started off with a mango and lychee spritzer which were both delicious. We then had the seven elements appetizer. Lettuce wraps with shrimp, cashews, toasted coconut, jalapenos, onions, lemongrass, lime and chile sauce. We then had marinated beef with salad. The beef was very delicious and rare - yeah I can eat rare beef again. Then we had a claypot medley. Chicken, shrimp, bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and carrots over rice. The rice had different textures and the bottom layer was caramelized and crunchy. It was delicious. It hit the spot. I would definitely go back.
We then headed home to our little man, who was ready for bed. We opened our gifts. Rick got my a beautiful black satin robe from VS which was perfect since we already have way too much lingerie. He also got my some beautiful cotton place mats and napkins from Macy's. The gift for two year anniversaries is cotton. That was a perfect gift because I have been wanting place mats and napkins for a long time now. He knows me well and picked out a perfect pattern. Rick got some cotton himself, I won't go into any more of the details.

We then had a piece of cake which is my favorite new tradition. I ordered us a cake from the bakery we ordered our wedding cake from, which is what we did last year as well. The cake is the best cake I have ever had. Our wedding cake had a few different flavors, this year we ordered the spice cake with Bavarian cream filling - so delicious. We ate the cake with our hands and smeared it in each others face a little. Since Rick was such a gentleman on our wedding day and didn't smash cake in my face, I told him he could on our one year anniversary. He definitely did last year. We had a blast eating our cake together last year. However, who knew butter cream frosting would be so hard to get off your face. It was like we smeared Crisco all over the place. This year we still enjoyed ourselves but went a little easy on the face - much easier to clean off. That is the end of our story to tell. We enjoyed the night.
This is last years mess, imagine this again this year but a little cleaner.
I am so thankful to be married to such a thought, wonderful husband who is the best daddy! I love you Ricky!
I gotta post a new picture of our little bun because he is so precious. This is how our little bun sleeps at night - spread eagle. Arms and legs wide open. This is how he was in the womb I know it! For the first month or so we use to swaddle him in his swaddle me straight jacket but then he started to jimmy his way right out of it. We would go to check on him and he would be busted right out of it, so we had to stop using it. He likes to be free.
3 comments:
We quit using our wraps at about 6 weeks too. Boys gotta move!
Congrats on your anniversary! You guys have a beautiful family and Rick did really good on his gift...lovely!
i love his socks!! congrats on 2 years!!!
Post a Comment