Sunday, May 9, 2010
Mother's Day
What a wonderful day! I have been waiting for many years for this day to come. My first mother's day, and now that it is here it has been as wonderful as I hoped it would be. It has been an emotional day for me (which many days are these days). I woke up and was able to provide some service to a mother to be in our ward. Then as I walked into church this morning one of my young women put a candy lay (sp) around my neck which put a big smile on my face for several reasons (1 I'm a mom now. 2. I love candy. 3. Someone thought of me). Then some of my favorite girls ever, gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a homemade mother's day card which was the best ever. I almost wanted to cry. Then we got a red box of homemade chocolates from the ward as we were leaving sacrament. Then I got to go to relief society with all the girls and we had a mother's day brunch and lesson. Rick took care of Athen the whole time.
I got a nice card from my mother and some homemade chocolate reeses peanut butter cup brownies, lots of nice text messages, flowers and a card from my dad as well as a BBQ dinner. Rick got me a baby sign language book which I have been wanting for a while as well as something monogrammed - of course. I think my favorite thing was my mother's day card from Rick. I love, love, love the cards Rick gives me. He always finds the best cards and writes the best words. They make me cry every time. I have been saving all of the amazing cards Rick has given me over the last few years and I have a big stack of wonderful cards with love letters inside. I have a big ribbon tide around my cards that I keep in my treasure chest. It reminds me of the olden days. I am going to keep on collecting all the love letters Rick gives me over the years for my children and grand children to read.
The best part of the day was spending time with my wonderful son and my amazing husband and knowing that I am now a mother. I am so thankful for Athen and the sweet boy he is. I'm thankful that I get to spend my days with him. I love all the moments we share together each day. I love looking into his beautiful eyes as I am feeding him before bed time. I love listening to the sweet sound of his laugh and his cooing. I love playing games with him, singing to him, reading to him and walking with him each day. I am thankful for a healthy happy boy who is such a blessing in my life.
To My Mom,
I am so thankful for you and for all your love and support. You are a wonderful mother and have taught me by example how to be a good mother myself. I am thankful for all the time we are able to spend together during the week. I am thankful for your kindness and for always being there for me through out my life. Thank you for teaching me how to make the right decisions in life and how to be happy and love the Lord. Thanks for teaching me the Gospel and being a good example to me. You are my best friend and I love you to pieces. Happy Mother's Day.
your loving daughter Corene
To My Newest Mom,
I am so thankful for you and the wonderful mom you are and have been to my wonderful husband. He adores you and so do I. Thank you for teaching him how to love. He is a wonderful husband and father and is such a selfless person who is always thinking of others. I have loved the time we have been able to spend together making jewelery, shopping, touring around California, and making Drushal/Bingham rolls with my mom. Thanks for excepting me into your family. I love being a Bingham. Happy Mother's Day. I love you to pieces.
your loving daughter Corene
What a wonderful day. I couldn't ask for anything better in life than this. I am a lucky girl and feel very blessed! Happy Mother's Day to all! Life is Good.
I got a nice card from my mother and some homemade chocolate reeses peanut butter cup brownies, lots of nice text messages, flowers and a card from my dad as well as a BBQ dinner. Rick got me a baby sign language book which I have been wanting for a while as well as something monogrammed - of course. I think my favorite thing was my mother's day card from Rick. I love, love, love the cards Rick gives me. He always finds the best cards and writes the best words. They make me cry every time. I have been saving all of the amazing cards Rick has given me over the last few years and I have a big stack of wonderful cards with love letters inside. I have a big ribbon tide around my cards that I keep in my treasure chest. It reminds me of the olden days. I am going to keep on collecting all the love letters Rick gives me over the years for my children and grand children to read.
The best part of the day was spending time with my wonderful son and my amazing husband and knowing that I am now a mother. I am so thankful for Athen and the sweet boy he is. I'm thankful that I get to spend my days with him. I love all the moments we share together each day. I love looking into his beautiful eyes as I am feeding him before bed time. I love listening to the sweet sound of his laugh and his cooing. I love playing games with him, singing to him, reading to him and walking with him each day. I am thankful for a healthy happy boy who is such a blessing in my life.
To My Mom,
I am so thankful for you and for all your love and support. You are a wonderful mother and have taught me by example how to be a good mother myself. I am thankful for all the time we are able to spend together during the week. I am thankful for your kindness and for always being there for me through out my life. Thank you for teaching me how to make the right decisions in life and how to be happy and love the Lord. Thanks for teaching me the Gospel and being a good example to me. You are my best friend and I love you to pieces. Happy Mother's Day.
your loving daughter Corene
To My Newest Mom,
I am so thankful for you and the wonderful mom you are and have been to my wonderful husband. He adores you and so do I. Thank you for teaching him how to love. He is a wonderful husband and father and is such a selfless person who is always thinking of others. I have loved the time we have been able to spend together making jewelery, shopping, touring around California, and making Drushal/Bingham rolls with my mom. Thanks for excepting me into your family. I love being a Bingham. Happy Mother's Day. I love you to pieces.
your loving daughter Corene
What a wonderful day. I couldn't ask for anything better in life than this. I am a lucky girl and feel very blessed! Happy Mother's Day to all! Life is Good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a wonderful Mother's Day you had...you are truly blessed!
Wow, what a special day! I'm glad you glimpse of how loved you really are.
Post a Comment