My little mister had his half birthday this weekend. 6 months, I can't believe it. For his birthday we headed to Babies R Us for some new age appropriate toys. Rick wanted to get him some learning toys. I don't know that you can really call them learning toys but I guess they are good for a 6 month.
We then headed over to Palo Alto to the Sunset magazine celebration weekend. Rick had VIP tickets from his work. We got there pretty late. I wish we had gotten there it a little earlier. It was fun. They had tons of booths with food, gardening, vacationing, decorating etc. It was such a hot day so we were in our shorts, flips, hats and pony tails. We were invited to the dinner which started at 7:00-10:00. We headed over to REI after the the festival closed at 5:00 to wait around for the dinner. When we showed up at the dinner at 7:00 we felt a little awkward. We were still in our shorts, etc. plus we had Athen in the Bob stroller. We thought it was going to be a buffet style dinner that we could drop by and leave shortly after. We walked in to a cocktail party with everyone dressed in nice clothes and heels and a sit down dinner with a three course meal. Oops. People were looking at us like we were crazy for bring our kid and wearing our flips.
On Sunday Rick invited the missionaries over for dinner and I invited my friends A & W. I tried out some new recipes that turned out pretty good. I made a mixed rice dish. I had red rice, basmati rice and brown sweet rice mixed together and added some butter at the end. It was good. I picked up the red and brown sweet rice in San Diego at the Asian market. I then made an asparagus dish with the asparagus wrapped in procuitto, sprinkled with parm cheese and drizled with melted butter, minced garlic and pepper. I loved it. It was so good. I then made a 2.5 pound salmon fillet. I made a honey soy glaze for the salmon and baked it in the oven (we don't have a grill). I then made a strawberry cucumber salsa to add to the top. The salsa had strawberries, cucumbers, green onions, yellow peppers, cilantro and rice vinegar. It looked beautiful and tasted nice with the salmon.
My little mister had his 6 month check up today. Here are his stats:
17 pounds - 40th percentile
26.5" - 50th percentile
head - 70th percentile
It looks like he is going to have his daddy's head.
He can do the following:
Eat his toes.
Roll both ways - although he dosen't do it often
Sit up all by himself
Has two teeth
Laughs out loud when tickled
Cruises all over the loft in his walker
Eats bananas and mangoes in his little mesh bag
Is learning to enjoy solid food
Loves to play in his rubber ducky bath tub until he is pruney
Loves to splash and play with his rubbery ducky toys
Screeches really loud
Holds his arms out and reaches for mom.
Pretty much he is a by the book baby. He does everything when he is suppose to - he is on the average (except for his cuteness, he is way beyond)
Here are a few cute pictures of him playing with his feet, and eating a banana for the first time. Notice how messy he is.
4 comments:
He's growing up so fast!!! What a SWEETIE!!! You need to start posting your recipes!!! Especially the strawberry and cucumber salsa...your dishes always looks and sound so YUMMY!!!
Getting chunky!! Love the rolls! What a doll!
I am so excited that I get to see you guys in less than a week! Love you!
He is so grown up, what a cutie!
Post a Comment