We finally had to take his crib bumper out of the crib. He was playing around with it and getting all caught up. It was starting to become a hazard. Now his crib looks plain and boring. However, it is pretty entertaining to watch him and all of the funny sleeping positions he has. His legs and arms are constantly hanging out of the crib.
We went to Tilden park for the first time with our play group. It was fun. Athen did not like the cows. He would turn his head into me and start screaming every time we got near them. The other animals no problem. We went on the Merry-Go-Round and had a picnic lunch and then headed to the train. I can't believe how cheap the train is -$2 a person and kids under 2 get on free. Totally worth the money. I can't wait to go back sometime.
Last night for dinner I tried a new recipe, Caribbean Jerk Orange Roughy with avocado-melon salsa and sweet red rice with coconut. I thought it was ok, Rick liked it more than I did. I didn't like the avocado like I thought I would. The fish with out the salsa was pretty good though. The salsa had avocado, cantaloupe, red onions, cilantro, lime zest and fresh lime juice. The red rice turned out good. I combined asian red rice, jasmine rice and brown sweet rice and toasted it in a skillet with butter and onions, then put it in my rice cooker with half water and half coconut milk.
The other night Rick made me some Rissoto, one of my favorite things in the world. He makes it so rich and creamy and savory. He added wild mushrooms this time around. Between the wild mushrooms, chicken broth and parmesan cheese it was full of umami flavor and very delicious. I made coconut lime orange roughy. The orange roughy was breaded with bread crumbs, coconut flakes and lime zest (and an egg of course). It was good. We baked it in the oven. We wanted the coconut and bread crumbs to brown a little better then they did so Rick said "I wish we had a blow torch in the kitchen" and I said "We do." and opened the cupboard above his head and whipped one out. He took the blow torch to the breading and toasted it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment