On Tuesday my friend Kristina from Palo Alto who now lives in east bay came for a play date with her son Andrew. We went to the Alameda beach. It was so fun to catch up with her and Andrew. My camera battery is died so I don't have any pictures of our fun day. On Tuesday night I got a babysitter and went to RS for a potluck dinner. It was so fun to have a girls night out and to eat all the delicious food.
On Wednesday I did something but I can't remember what. I was suppose to go to City Beach with the youth from 4:30 - 10:00. I wasn't too excited about it because Rick has been out of town so I was going to have to bring Athen. That would have been way too long for a hungry and tired baby. Luckily my girl backed out at the last minute and I didn't have to go. I got to be home when my sweet heart came home at 6:30pm from the east coast.
On Thursday I was a domestic diva. I made homemade jam and I must say it turned out beautiful and delicious. I used all those huckleberries that Rick and I picked over the weekend. I decided to add raspberries and blackberries as well to make triple berry jam. I used mostly huckleberries about 2/3 and then about 1/3 raspberries and a handful of blackberries. The color turned out so vibrant and it had a great texture. I was pretty happy with the results. Of course I had to make homemade rolls to go with my homemade jam so I made a batch of Rick's favorite rolls. For dinner we had sauteed mushrooms and zucchini and chicken with huckleberry sauce. I sauteed some shallots and garlic in butter and then added some chicken and chardonnay with a little of the homemade jam and some fresh huckleberries. It was good. However, the chicken and the shallots turned purple from the huckleberries. I have never eaten purple chicken before, but it was good.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiUy0tTd82IyGVgQ9-WtWL-xbOz4m7dZ5SmcD7eCx7Wt0jvShOM4uM-QiJX1f5pK7egrWf9ePn62V2BQDuWSxbsi6N9WR2QCC72Yjn5GCESNdQTTp1j4weMZOkwDgNtM3yGSfu5nKgnieA/s1600/jars.jpg">


On Friday we got a babysitter and went out to dinner and dessert with our friends Nathan and Laura who were visiting from the east coast. Nathan and I go way back together as neighbors in the Stanford ward. This was the first time we have met each others spouses. We went to Xyclo in Piedmont. It is a modern Vietnamese restaurant and very delicious. I had claypot chicken and shrimp rice bowl with veggies. This dish is to die for! Rick had a sweet and spice spare ribs, Nathan had coconut prawns in an actual baby coconut. This dish was to die for as well. Laura had eggplant and tofu. We then headed over to Fenton's for some caramel sauce with some ice cream. Of course that was delicous too!

On Saturday morning I got to sleep in a little bit. At 9:00 my sweetheart made me some huckleberry pancakes with the left over huckleberries. He then put some huckleberry jam in the shape of a heart on top of the pancakes. It was so adorable and romantic. I love this guy!

I then headed to San Jose to hang out with my family and celebrate my grandma's 87th birthday while Rick headed to San Francisco to a bachelor party for his friend Derek. They did chainsaw wood carvings which sounds exactly like something Derek would do for his party. Rick then headed to SJ for the birthday bbq.

Here are some pictures of my adorable son!


Athen's got his nuk in his mouth backwards. Athen is not brand loyal when it comes to pacifiers. He isn't picky at all. He will take any pacifier any time, and he will suck on any and all parts of the pacifier. He is such a funny little guy!

2 comments:
oh my goodness...you ROCK!!!!
You always amaze me...but I expect this from you. So talented. Athen is getting so big!
Post a Comment