Bingham

Bingham

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas #1

Our first Christmas this year was on Sunday when my brothers and sisters flew in from all around and we had our family Christmas dinner and gifts (since we aren't all going to be around on the real day). We ate appetizers and played games all afternoon and then opened our gifts. Athen still isn't the best at opening gifts yet but he got a lot of great ones. He got some old school FAO Schwartz toys like a jack in the box and a super big top. He also got some cool "ball" toys that he loves - the ball popper and the the little ball house. He has been having fun with all his new toys.






After gifts we ate a delicious dinner of BBQ beef brisket, rolls, corn, asparagus, salad and mashed potatoes. We had tons of desserts, I can't even remember.




The girls then got dressed up in to our Norwegian costumes. Growing up my great grandma would always wear her Norwegian costume on the holidays. We still have her costume from back in the day. It is beautiful and very old now. The costume was always a little too big for us girls to wear so we decided a few years back to have our own made similar to the one she had. So each year when we are together we put on our costumes and take pictures. Here are our pictures - the Norwegian girls:


Lauren (the younger sister) Me, Mariah (the twin sister)


(I love that I still look the smallest and I am 4 months pregnant - heehee)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

What wonderful costumes and it's great that you and your family continue the tradition!

Rebecca said...

I can't believe how big Athen is! I love that your whole family was together. It looks like a fun time was had by all.

Janelle said...

I love that you guys had your own dresses sewn. You look so great and it's nice to see you owning your heritage.