For our third year anniversary (Feb. 2nd) we were able to have a nice dinner in the city. K&N babysat Athen for us. We went to Infusion Lounge. It was fun to get dressed up and go for a nice dinner in the city. It has been a while since I have done that. It use to be such a big part of our lives but now that we have a have a kid we usually go out to dinner here in Oakland rather than the city.
We had fresh spring rolls, red curry shrimp and lobster with pasta, a cream sauce and fresh herbs and veggies. For dessert we had a chocolate molten cake. The appetizers and entrees were great the dessert was only so so. I was hoping for the lavender creme brulee that they had on their website but they had just changed the menu and no longer had it - bummer.
We then spent the first weekend in February along the coast at Coastanoa. My mom was nice enough to watch Athen. We started off with dinner in Half Moon Bay at Cafe Gibraltar which was delicious. I had rabbit with wild mushrooms, and vegetables over rissoto. It was rich and delicious. Rick had lamb with veggies and couscous. Both entrees were delicious. For dessert we had creme brulee. We then enjoyed our lodge cabin at Coastanoa. We slept in and enjoyed the morning to ourselves. This was our first night away from the little man. However, we did find ourselves watching videos of him growing up on our cell phones. The weather was perfect - in the 70's. We spent some time out of our balcony enjoying the amazing view.
We walked around a bit and headed down the 1 to Davenport for some breakfast at the local bakery. We then made our way down to Santa Cruz. We walked around downtown, checked out the shops and ate salt water taffy - of course. How can you go to the beach with out salt water taffy. It was a pretty relaxing and perfect weekend.
Next in line was our Valentine's Day celebration. Athen and I hosted a V-Day party at our house for all of his little friends. It was on the 9th since we weren't going to be around for the real day. We had about 25 people over in the morning. I think there were 12 kids. We had lots of treats and everyone passed out Valentine's to all the kids. I enjoyed the month of January being crafty, making V-Day decorations for our party. Here are some pictures of the decorations before the food got put on the table.
Here are the little bags I made with my Sillouhette for the kids Valentines.
I made little candy bags for all the kids.
Oh yeah, and I made this cool vinyl tablecloth for camping and picnics but decided it worked well for our V-day party as well. This is going to be our family tablecloth for the outdoors. I grew up using the same tablecloth for camping and picnics. My dad still uses it to this day. I had to have one for my family too.


Next up - our trip to St. Lucia. That will have to be in another post.
2 comments:
You're so creative. I love it. Can't wait to hear about your trip.
looks fun!
Post a Comment