Bingham

Bingham

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Everyone was good this year.

This year we broke tradition and got our christmas tree at Home Depot rather than cutting it down in the Santa Cruz mountains. We needed to get a small tree again this year since our place is so small so driving the few hours to the mountains and paying to cut a tree down is a lot of time and money so we decided to have FHE at Home Depot this year.

It was nice celebrating Christmas in our own home this year. Christmas Eve was spent at my dad's house with Lauren, Mariah, Mats and our little family. We had a delicious ham and scalloped potato dinner, played around out side and opened presents by the fire.

Christmas morning we got up about 8ish turned on my new Mindy Gledhill Christmas cd which is so spectacular and started opening our stockings. After church we headed over to my mom's house for a Christmas dinner with my mom, dad, Lauren and our little family.

I was a good girl this year (after all, I birthed a 9 pounder child drug free) so Santa was good to me this Christmas. I got hot pink shoes and belt -so cute, 2 shabby apple dresses that I have been wanting, pink crackle nail polish (what a husband I love him to pieces), oh yeah and Santa brought us a new camera (Cannon T2i). It took us a while to decide between the Cannon and the Nikon and we finally decided on the Cannon. It was faster and had a higher resolution. We LOVE it! Oh yeah, how can I forget, I also got a gym membership. Rick found me a gym in Piedmont that has babysitting. Although, I am looking around a little more to find a gym with babysitting for under $200 a month.

The boys did pretty good for themselves as well. We bought them dual dvd players for the car (which was great for our New Years trip down south to the beach house). They also got WAY too many toys. We had to take a trip to Ikea after Christmas to find storage bins and ways to store all the new toys.

Here are some pictures of our Christmas.





Athen was easily distracted after opening each gift. It was a challenge to get him to open another gift.




Crew on the other hand was a pretty good gift opener.




Look at all that loot!

No comments: