Bingham

Bingham

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Costa Rica - Day 5

WARNING: If you do not want to see a 37 year old women pregnant for the third time in a bikini do not continue on in this post.

Why do I wear a bikini you might ask. Good question, a few reasons. 1. I have them and they actually still fit me. 2. I don't know a single person in Costa Rica other then my family. And thirdly, to be honest I look better as a 37 year old women pregnant for my third time than a lot of the other women tourist out there in bikinis so who cares.

Anyways...
We were up bright and early because we stayed in a place right on the beach in town and it was so loud. Rick and Athen headed over to the Panaderia for some fresh pastries for breakfast. Once they returned we all headed to the beach in front our our hotel and ate breakfast under the palm trees. We had fresh fruit, pastries and fruit juice - delicious. We then played in the sand before it got too hot and then headed into the ocean to play in the water. We got the dinghy out and enjoyed the boat before the sun got too hot. Luckily, Rick and the kids love the dinghy just as much as I do.


Athen is not hanging over the edge to pee here. The kids just like to get in the water and hang off the side of the boat.



If you don't know the story about the dinghy it is a good one. I had been wanting a yellow rubber raft for years to travel around and camp with. For my 30th birthday all my girl besties surprised me with a yellow rubber raft. I was so excited. For the last almost 8 years the dinghy has traveled every where with us. It has been to 9 different countries and several cities and states across the country. Luckily for me, Rick and the kids love the dinghy as much as I do and are willing to drag it all over the world with us. Little did my friends know it was the best birthday gift ever and has given me and my family many wonderful memories - thanks girls - love you to pieces!

Once it started warming up a little we found ourselves a new place to stay. It was a nice big place and much more quiet. We loved it. The kids and I fell asleep in the air con (it was the hottest part of the day) while Rick headed out to do some surfing. Samara is a little surf town on the Nicoya peninsula so Rick was excited to do some surfing. Lucky for us, the high tide and best surfing was in the middle of the day which was perfect timing for the kids and I to nap in our air con hotel.

After nap time we headed to a quiet beach slightly south of Samara. This is my favorite beach in Costa Rica. It is always deserted and beautiful. We got the dinghy out again and enjoyed the evening with the full moon out on the water as the sun was going down. This evening in the dinghy and on the beach was probably my most favorite moments of the whole trip.

We then headed back to the beach and the boys were playing with all the drift wood, shells, rocks etc. on the beach when Athen had the great idea of building a bonfire so we could roast marshmallows. So the boys gathered all the firewood and built a little fire and we all roasted marshmallows. The moment couldn't have gotten better and the kids were so happy.

After we roasted our marshmallows we decided to put out the fire which was a good thing because with in a few minutes of us burying the fire we saw a police truck driving up and down the beach with his lights flashing. I am pretty sure he was looking for us since I don't think you are allowed to have fires on the beach. However, the fire was already out.

 Love this picture. Doesn't that look comfy.

 Athen gathering drift wood for our bonfire.

 The dinghy at dusk. Can't get better then that!

 Look how far our we were. That is the beach behind us. Look at my cute Crew. He is such a doll!
 The boys are heading into the ocean naked to rinse all the sand off before leaving. It was a deserted beach - totally okay to be naked.
 Love these bonfire pictures. A very memorable moment. Life can't get better.





After the beach we headed to dinner and had a delicious meal at a nice restaurant. I had pasta with shrimp and mushrooms and Rick had some kind of fish I think. We then headed to bed. I think this was my favorite day of the trip.

No comments: