Bingham

Bingham

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

As much as we wanted to get away this weekend to do something fun and adventurous we stayed in town for a few reasons. One being, Rick and I teach the marriage and family relations Sunday school class and the second being - I already have a hard enough time being comfortable, sleeping in my own bed, not getting exhausted by mid-day so the thought of camping or taking a long weekend trip didn't sound the best to me once I started thinking about it. 

We decided to head to Santa Cruz one of our favorite places to go. Over Memorial day and Labor day weekend they always have really good sales, so if we are in town that is where we go. We hit lots of traffic and crowds this year and pushing a stroller and having a big belly sure does make it difficult to maneuver in the crowds. People seem to over look the fact that I have both and we get bummed into a lot. 

We started our morning off at O'neil on 41st street. The lady told us the line was about half an hour from the surf boards so we figured it wouldn't be much longer that that. However, by the time we got to the register it was two hours later. Luckily, Crew had been sick the night and day before so he was in a pretty mellow mood and fine just relaxing in his stroller. Athen and Rick ran around looking at things while Crew and I waited. We got some great deals - a rash guard for the boys, a Dakine backpack for Athen, shorts and shirts for Rick.

We then headed over to one of our favorite places in Santa Cruz - Samba Cafe for some Acai bowls. Of course the kids love acai bowls as much as we do. Who wouldn't with all that fresh fruit, granola and acai. 




 We then headed over to the RipCurl outlet  while the kids slept and bought some more clothes. By this time it was the late afternoon. It was a beautiful sunny day with a windy breeze so it wasn't too hot. We decided to head to Natural Bridges Beach instead of the boardwalk. We thought it may be less crowded and easier to find parking. It was crazy windy which wasn't enjoyable. The kids played around in the sand and water with Rick for a while and then we left. We ended our day at Costco with some pizza and hot dogs. It was a fun day.






On Monday we were so excited that Rick had the day off and we could spend the day outside playing. We headed over to Monclair park for the ward BBQ. We ate and played for a little while and then it started raining. What a waste of a day off - cloudy, over cast and rainy.

There was no wind for Rick to go kiteboarding and it was raining so we weren't going to be able to play outside so I figured this was a good time for me to run up to my parents house all by myself and sew with my mom. Rick watched the kids and I enjoyed some time all alone. It was so nice and so needed. My brother Jesse and I went out to dinner and then I headed home.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

You got some great deals! Way to go :)