Bingham

Bingham

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sutton Ann Bingham






Our little Sutton came on July 26th. She came fast and furious. If you don't want to hear the details of her birth then stop reading and continue down to the picture part of this post. I am recording my birth experience because this blog is our family journal and is a record of our lives.

It was Thursday night, the night before our "first" due date. I had a few short contractions but nothing consistent which led me to believe she was coming. Crew came so fast so I wanted to be ready. I called my mom around 10:00pm and told her to be prepared I thought she would be coming. She said she would rather come and get the boys now then at 2:00am so she headed over.

She got there around 10:30 and took the boys home. Nothing seemed to be progressing so I started stressing out - what if she wasn't coming tonight and I made my mom come all the way over to get the boys. Rick convinced me to get some rest which I didn't want to do. I wanted to walk around and get her out not lay down and relax. We both headed to bed around 11:30ish. Rick fell quickly asleep while I laid there waiting. About a half an hour later I had some contractions that were a little more painful. At 12:20 I woke Rick up and told him it is time to go to the hospital. It was an answer to my prayers to have a few small contractions around 10:00 so my mom could come because if that didn't happen the boys would have been in the delivery room with us.

Lucky for us the hospital is less than a mile from our house. We walk in and I told them I wanted to see the doctor ASAP the last one came fast. They moved me straight up to triage and brought the doctor in. He checked me out and told me I was dilated to a 4 and 80% effaced (I was surprised I wasn't further along). I told him I wanted to get an epidural so they brought me to the delivery room. The nurse was going to give me an IV and let the liquids flow for about 20 minutes and then give me the epidural. The nurse was SO lame. She was taking her time and she couldn't get it in. She tried 5 times to get it in and couldn't. At this point I was getting grouchy and yelling at her "Hurry and just get it in before it is too late." She finally got another nurse to try (she was unsuccessful as well). I am still yelling hurry and get it in I have to push. The doctor immediately came and sure enough I was dilated to a 10. It was about a 10 minute period from the time I was a 4 to when I hit a 10.

All of a sudden my water ruptured, and I say ruptured because that is exactly what it did. There was so much pressure down there that it burst out and blew about 3-4 feet all over the floor and anything or anyone that was in front of it. It was like bats flying out of a cave.

I had two contractions and pushed through them and she was out at 1:05am. Luckily, the nurse was so incompetent and couldn't get the IV in because if she did and they gave me the epidural it would not have kicked in until after the delivery.

The doctors and nurses were surprised she came so quickly. They kept saying this girl just walked right in here and delivered a baby. They also said Sutton had a perfectly round head and kept saying she looked like a c-section baby.

She came so quickly that she didn't get squeezed through the birth canal enough so when she was born she was filled with fluids. She was spitting up fluids for a few days and has a hard time holding down her milk. She is getting a little better now.

Her name is Sutton Ann Bingham. She weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces and 21 inches long.



The most precious moment was when my mom brought the boys to meet their little sister. They have been so excited to have a little sister and to be big brothers. When Athen walked in the room he was shaking his hands back and forth just like he always does when he is excited and had the biggest eyes and smile on his face. It was so precious it made me cry. A few minutes later he spotted a juice box on the back counter and quickly lost his attention on his new sister. It was pretty funny.




My handsome boys were so excited to hold their new baby sister for the first time.

Sutton's visitors at the hospital - Grandma & Grandpa S.


Grandpa O.

We are SO happy our little baby Sutton is here with us. She completes our little family.

2 comments:

Molly and Jason said...

never a dull moment in your house! congrats!

Brooke said...

WOW - that really is fast! And the water breaking story was hardcore. Way to go - she is adorable! Congrats!