Bingham

Bingham

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Weekend at the Beach

Our friends from Santa Cruz asked us to house sit for them while they were in Brazil. We headed out on Friday night and stayed through the weekend.

My dad met Rick bright and early on the water for some surfing. They have been wanting to go surfing together for a long time now but haven't had a chance to. They surfed for a few hours while I stayed with the kids.

We then headed over to Twin Lakes beach. I love this beach. It is the beach where I grew up going. We spent our summer days at Twin Lakes in our wetsuits with our boogie boards and skim boards. We would then eat dinner on the beach. We did this countless days and nights in my childhood. This is also the beach where my dad grew up going and where my grandpa grew up going. I love that I am now taking my kids and family there 4 generations later.

The boys have been wanting to have a bon fire on the beach and roast marshmallows ever since we got back from Costa Rica. So we roasted hot dogs and made smores on the beach. They loved it of course.



Sutton was pretty good at the beach. She slept in her car seat on the blanket for most of the day. They boys LOVED playing with grandpa and papa. They played in the sand and in the ocean. Rick bought them a boogie board last summer and they love playing with it.




We then headed over to the boardwalk to go on a few rides. The boys went on the kid roller coaster. Athen went with grandpa and Crew went with papa. They were both pretty scared although Athen was able to hold it in. Crew on the other hand cried a bit. When they saw Crew crying they stopped the ride to let him off. I think he would of been fine if they just kept the ride going.







We headed out on Sunday morning and drove to San Jose to go to church with my dad. Sutton had a major blow out all over her cute outfit as well as mine. I now have a big yellow stain all over my cute expensive dress. I hope Rick can do his magic and get it out for me.

No comments: