Bingham

Bingham

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Weekend BlogLog - Sept. 26th

I know it has been a while since I have posted on our blog and I'm sure my usual loyal readers have stopped checking for something new by now. It has been a pretty busy last few weeks. Rick and I were both out of town on business trips last week, which was good planning on our part. We planned it so Rick would be gone the same week as me instead of me one week and him another. A week and a half is long enough to be away from my adorable husband. Rick went to Pittsburgh to talk about tuna and dog biscuits and I spent the first half of my week at Hormel Foods, General Mills and Schwan's Foods in Minnesota. To my surprise Minnesota wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The business trip was actually very busy and very successful. I then headed to Arizona on thursday for a lunch meeting with the veeps at Bar-S Foods.

My little sister Lauren lives in Arizona so I was able to stay and visit with her for the weekend. On Thursday when I flew in I was able to meet up with my friend Heidi who lives close by. We had lunch together. It was fun to see her. Lauren and I were also able to visit our life long childhood friend Susie. We haven't seen her in years. It was great to be able to catch up with old friends.

Lauren, her roommate Natalie and I headed to Prescott, AZ to go camping in the National Forest. I didn't even know that Arizona had a National Forest. I thought Arizon was just filled with rocks, dirt and heat. The National Forest actually had lots of trees and was 59 degrees. I had packed for Arizona weather so was obviously not prepared for this. It rained on us a little bit but we still enjoyed it. We had a campfire, played some games and ate lots of food. The next morning we got up and headed to Watson Lake to go kayaking. It was a small lake but beautiful. The water was surrounded by large rocks. We kayaked all around through the rocks.





Since I was going to be gone in Arizona for the weekend, Rick decided it was a good weekend to fly to Utah to see his family. I was a little bummed I didn't get to go, but wanted to take advantage of a free trip to see my sister. His sister Caitlyn picked him up at the airport and he surprised his family. He was able to spend lots of time with them and really enjoyed playing with all his adorable nieces and nephews.

After a week and a half Rick and I were very much ready to see each other. Monday night I picked him up from the train and we enjoyed the evening together. This month is going to be a busy month for both of us. We both have a lot of traveling to do which is usually not the case.

4 comments:

Mariah said...

Wish I could have been there too! Love ya sis

laura kate said...

Looks like so much fun. I didn't know Arizona was so pretty.

Amy said...

I found your blog on Laura's blog. It looks like you have been busy since I last saw you (like 7 years ago) traveling all over. Congrats on your marriage, you looked beautiful, I love your dress. You can check my blog out if you want at:
http://thebanksclan.blogspot.com/

Hope you are doing well. Talk to you later!

jimmy said...

Great pictures. Looks so serene.