Here is a quick re-cap of our month:
Weekend of the 4th, we went to San Jose to spend some time with my Dad and Terry. We had a little birthday celebration for me (better late than never) and then went to dinner. On our way out I accidently grabbed the wrong cell phone and left. I thought I was grabbing Rick's cell phone when really I was grabbing my dad's. Sunday morning we woke up to the phone ringing. I told Rick his phone was ring and he said that isn't my phone. I quickly realized what I had done, which resulted in another trip down to San Jose. We decided to bring our laundry with us so we could be productive while we watched the endless summer, a surf documentary my dad and Rick wanted to watch. Sure enough the washer broke, flooded the whole garage which was being used as storage for all of Terry's stuff including cardboard boxes, white couches, TV's and clothes. We had to empty the whole garage, dry it out and clean it and move it all back in. It was a long night.
Weekend of the 10th, was a weekend full of showers for me. Saturday morning I helped out with a baby shower for my friend Melissa and Saturday night I helped out with a Bridal shower for my friend Caisa. For Caisa's bridal shower we had a limo pick her and her mom up, so after the shower Molly, Jason, Caisa, Adrian, Rick and I cruised around town in the limo. Of course we had sweets and fondue for the shower so we were looking for some real food. Not much was open in downtown PA at 10:30 at night. We ended up stopping at Taco Bell, however the only thing open was the drive through. Of course the limo didn't not fit through the drive through so Adrian walked through it for us while we waited in the limo. It was kinda of funny.



The one week we were together this month, we stayed at the Claremont Hotel in Berkley. Rick had a work conference there so we spent 3 days there. I took a day off work and went out for breakfast with my friend Marielle while Rick went to conferences. We then met up for lunch and went for a swim in their wonderful pool. Rick got a massage and we spent the afternoon shopping on Telegraph Ave., my old stomping ground. We looked for an 80's outfit for Rick for his 80's work party. We bought him some sweet Risky Business glasses, pegged his jeans and bought him a little Siouxie and the Banshees pin (which I love and and going to start wearing myself).


Weekend of the 17th, was the Red Bull Soap Box Derby in San Francisco. We invited a bunch of people but most people couldn't come or we couldn't find them. We ended up running into some friends from the ward - Janelle and Jeremy and watch it with them. It was pretty entertaining, watching the vehicles race down Deloris St. There were about 60,000 people there so most of the time we sat in the park and watched it from the big screen. On Sunday was my dad's birthday party so we went down to San Jose to have dinner with him and a bunch of people from church. We also carved pumpkins. Rick and I won for scariest pumpkin. We won movie tickets.

Weekend of the 24th we went to Half Moon Bay with some friends from Palo Alto. We went through a hay bale maze that was two and a half acres big. Rick and I were the first ones to finish. Of course I was pretty excited about that. We then went to Pasta Moon for dinner. It was better the first time we went there. We had calamari and a cheese, meat and olive platter for appetizers. We then had pear and procuitto pizza and fettucine with prawns, white toasted corn, jalapenos and procuitto with a lemon caper sauce. Saturday night was the Halloween party at church. We dressed up. I wore my Norweign costume which can look a little like little red riding hood and Rick wore his big bad wolf costume. It was fun. We then had trunker treat in the parking lot of the temple. We passed out candy to all the kids in the back of the Land Rover. We then had our friends over to carve pumpkins and drink hot apple cider.





Weekend of the 31st, was a Halloween party at our friend Luanne's house. There was a bunch of couples there and we played games. I was so tired because I had been traveling all week and was on east coast time. Saturday we got a bunch of stuff done around the house and then headed to Livermore to visit with my family. We went to dinner and then watched a movie with them. It had been awhile since we saw them last.
The rain has finally come and we have been enjoying it. We love the sound of the pitter patter on the roof with the wall of windows that show the dark clouds and the rain pouring down. We finally turned on our heater and enjoyed the cold rainy weekend in a nice big warm warehouse loft!
No comments:
Post a Comment