Friday, June 19, 2009
Happy Birthday Ricky, I love you!
You would think my blog would be updated a little bit better since I have been on bed rest for the last week. However, bed rest has left me with absolutely nothing to blog about except aching hips, a messy house, pizza delivery guys and my favorite - a new membership to netflix (it took me a few days before I finally got netflix and it definitely saved my sanity).





For those of you who don't know, I have complete placenta previa which causes me to hemorrhage. I have now been bleeding for days and days. I won't go in to any other details for those of you who are sensitive and don't like to hear about those kinds of things. Anyways, it has been scary, stressful and not very comfortable but the good news is our little guys is still kickin. We had a scare on Tuesday night and went back to the doctor to make sure our little guy was still alive. He was and a typical boy he was being. The doctor was doing another ultra sound and our little guy decided to moon the camera. We got a great shot of his butt, his little legs and his little pp. It made me crack up. I come from a prankster family and the thought of my little guy mooning everyone before he even came out of the womb made me bust up laughing. I knew Rick would get a kick out of it too so I put a bow on it and gave it to him for his birthday. I'll scan the pictures and post later so everyone can see our cute little prankster.
My poor husband who has been doing everything for me for the last two weeks and has been the sweetest ever had a birthday on Wednesday when I was on bed rest. I had been planning what I was going to get him for his birthday and what I was going to do for him for the last month. Once I thought of the perfect gift for him I planned on going down to Santa Cruz on one of my Fridays off to get it. Unfortunately that Friday I was on bed rest and haven't had a chance since then to get it. So poor Rick had nothing special for his birthday but a mooning picture of his son.
My sweet mom got back in to town from vacation to find me back on bed rest. Wednesday she came over while Rick was at work to keep me company. She cleaned our house, did our laundry, changed our sandy sheets and did our dishes. She also went grocery shopping for us, made a special dinner for Rick's birthday and bought a birthday cake. When Rick came home from work he came home to some music playing a nicely set table with a delicious dinner, a birthday cake, a few picture of our bun mooning us and a few gifts to come in the future.
Thanks Mom for taking care of us and making Rick's birthday special! We love you to pieces.
I thought I would post some picture for those of you who don't live close by to see the little bun. I felt like I started showing pretty early on. The doctor said I would show early since I was pretty small to start off with. Although I have lost weight this last week, I feel like I have popped out a lot. These pictures are a little old and I don't have a new one yet. I will post another one at 4 months which will be this week.
This is a shot of what I use to look like. This was in February a few weeks after our miscarriage.
This was taken at 2.5 months.
This was taken at 3.5 months. I feel like I have grown since this picture even though it has only been a few weeks and I've lost weight. I'll post the next one at 4 month once I get out of bed, take a shower and put regular clothes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We love you guys so much. I am pretty sure that the bum pic was the best thing you could Ricky. Our prayers are always with you and if there is anything we can do let us know. Hopefully we will see you in a couple of weeks. Hugs and kisses
Jessie
Corene, you look so cute. I am so excited for you and Rick.
I"m so happy for you. You'll be such a cute pregnant woman. I didn't really gain weight until about 25 weeks. I lost about 8lbs in the first trimester. Mostly because nothing was good to me. Good luck in the coming months.
We missed seeing you Corene but understand. We had fun with Rick. Take care and we hope and pray all goes well from here on out.
Happy B'day Rick and hang in the Corene. Best rest is awful but it will be worth it. You are gorgeous pregnant by the way.
Gosh Corene- so sorry to hear you are on bedrest! When we are back in town if you are up for it we'd love to come visit... lots of hugs and prayers.
Post a Comment