Bingham

Bingham

Sunday, October 11, 2009

First weekend in Oct




The first weekend in October Rick's parents came to visit us for the first time. It was fun to have them around. Poor Rick had to work and didn't get to do all the fun stuff. Now that I only work 3 days a week, I got to play tour guide on Thursday and Friday. I got spoiled. 

On Thursday we went into the city and did some shopping and went to chinatown for some beads. We had lunch at one of my favorite hole in the walls - Naan n' Curry. On Thursday night I had my girls come over and we made Savory crepes for dinner and ate with his parents and my dad. The girls loved meeting our family and everyone had a great time. After the girls left we played some games.

On Friday we headed to Berkeley to the Botanical Gardens. It was beautiful. We stopped by Telegraph St. for some of my favorite pizza in the bay area - Fat Slice. We also stopped off at one of Rick's favorites - Bearded Papas for some cream puffs. Of course we ran into a fun surprise on our way home - a naked man dancing in the streets on College Ave. Oh how interesting Berkeley can be. That afternoon, we headed to Livermore to my mom's house to learn how to make homemade rolls. My mom and I have never been into making homemade rolls (never had a good recipe or a good teacher). I had been waiting for Rick's mom to teach us how since her family recipe is the best I've had. The rolls turned out great. We enjoyed dinner together with both our families. 

Saturday morning we headed up to Muir Woods to look at the Redwoods. It was an enjoyable and relaxing morning. We then headed back into the city to check out Boudin and get some sour dough bread. Saturday evening the men went to conference and the girls headed out shopping and to dinner. 



Sunday after conference we decided to head to the coast for a picnic. It was a beautiful sunny day. Rick decided to take us to a beach we found a few years back when we were looking for places to take our engagement pictures. I thought I remembered seeing naked people on that beach but Rick was sure it wasn't a nude beach. We got our picnic set up and started eating and sure enough we saw a man walk by with just a short tee shirt on, and then the man next to us dropped his drawers. It isn't very often that we see naked people, but this weekend, the weekend we had our parents in town we saw 3 naked people. I'm sure they must think we live in a crazy place. 


4 comments:

Chris said...

I love Naan and Curry (the one off Columbus near little Italy). There's other ones in SF, but I haven't been to any of them.

According to my Pakistani neighbor there's a much better place in Fremont (but haven't been there yet either).

A and M said...

Ha! 3 naked people huh? Crazy. Yeah, and Berkeley is definitely an interesting place. I am reminded of that every day.

Jessica said...

What! No Hooters? LOL.

Leslie said...

How fun and CRAZY...especially with in-laws!!!