Thursday, November 19, 2009
Lots to Blog About
I have had a lot to blog about lately but not much time to do it. A few weeks ago my friends at church threw my a beautiful and delicious baby shower which I loved. I got the most thoughtful gifts from people. I got a lot of wonderful homemade gifts which are always a favorite - cute blankets, clothes, hats and accessories. I love that people took the time to make something for me. We also had tons of delicious food and the colors were great. Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate this special time with me. It meant the world to me to have you there!








Doesn't this table look beautiful and delicious!
See that beautiful homemade fondant polka dot cake. It is absolutely adorable and exactly what I would of made for myself - so me! Angel must know me well.
This is my buns first tie. My friend Janelle made it for him out of a real tie.
Even the wrapping paper matched. Me opening my new car seat.
We finally made some progress with the baby's room. On Friday night Rick and my dad were up until midnight putting the crib together. The inside of the bumper pad I made is stripes with the outside a variety of material (all the same as the quilt my mom made). The pillow inside the crib isn't for the bun (I may not know everything there is to know about having a little bun but I do know they shouldn't have pillows.) I made the pillow for myself to put on my new black glider chair that should be coming any day now.
Notice the black lamp in the corner. I made the shade with the left over fabric from the quilt and bumper pad. I used mod posh to stick it to the lantern. So for those that said all my fabrics didn't match together at all, the room ended up being very matchy match.
A closer look of the lamp. It's kind of fun when it is turned on and the fabric is all lite up.
However, once the baby's area was set up the rest of the house looked like this.
We had to do a lot of moving things around to make space and now it just looks like a hurricane hit our house. As you can image this state has been difficult for me as I am trying to nest and want the furniture to be rearranged and the house to be organized and spotless. Since we have been gone every night this week it still looks like this. This weekend is our weekend to take care of business - cross your fingers for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad to see you've been "showered" so well. I only wish I could live closer to be a part of it all. The nursery is adorable!
I agree the nursery is adorable...I love the combination of the fabrics!
Post a Comment