This past weekend I had a girls weekend reunion with my roommates and best friends from college. It was so fun. I hosted it here in California. The girls flew in from all over the country on Thursday night. We stayed at my parents house for the weekend since they were out of town. My sweet husband worked from home on Friday and stayed with Athen all day Friday and Saturday so the girls and I could enjoy the days around the bay area. On Friday we went to Santa Cruz. We stopped by the Samba Cafe for some fresh acai bowls (one of my favorite places in SC). The girls loved them, who wouldn't. Then we headed to downtown Santa Cruz to do some shopping. We went to Bunny's and the hat store. We all purchased a few new things.
We then headed to the boardwalk to the beach. We shopped around on the boardwalk to buy gifts for the kids. Everyone has 4 kids except Shari who has 3 and me who obviously only has 1 so far. We ate deli sandwiches, cookies, candy, crackers and veggies on the beach. Back in the days we use to sit around eating together all the time. Seventeen years later it was as if no time had passed at all.
We then headed over to Capitola and walked around town, shopped around and ate kebobs and pizza. We then headed home. By the time we got home my little one was asleep so sad. We made some fondue, sat around and talked for hours, ate a coldstone ice cream cake to celebrate Brooke's 35th birthday and then relaxed in the hot tub. We stayed up into the wee hours of the night telling stories of our college days.
Saturday morning we got up and had cottage cheese pancakes with strawberries and bacon and then headed into the city. We started off in China town where we shopped around for Chinese trinkets for the kids, Chinese purses, chopsticks and other China town trinkets. We then headed over to the wharf and had some fish and chips by the water. We then walked up to Ghiradeli square and checked out the chocolate store as well as Kara's cupcakes. We had the banana caramel (which was my favorite), Meyer lemon, and chocolate chocolate. They were all delicious. We then headed over to Market street to do some shopping. We hit the mall, anthro, gap, the gigantic forever 21 and some others. I got some new shoes, some shirts and a hair accessory. We then headed over to North Beach to my favorite Indian hole in the wall - Naan N Curry. We had a delicious meal and then headed back home. Again when I returned home my little one was already in bed. As fun as the day was, I was missing my little mister. The second he woke up, I went running into the room to see him and give him a little snack.
Again we spent the night talking and talking like we use to many years ago. Nothing had changed between us all except that we all had husbands and children and a lot of our conversations were centered around them.
Sunday morning the fun ended at 4:00am when we got up to make our first trip to the airport. Soon enough everyone was gone and the reunion was over. Over until 2012 when we will all meet again in Scottsdale Arizona for round two.
I feel blessed for many reasons, one I have a great husband who made all this possible and supported every second of it. He is wonderful and I am so glad he is all mine! Two, I feel so blessed to have all these girls in my life. I have know Toni for 23 years now and I have known Brooke, Shari and Heather for 18 years now. I feel lucky to have such great life long friends in my life.
5 comments:
You are truly blessed to have great friends in your life and have a hubby who support you with a Girl's Getaway.
It was the best weekend! Thanks for hosting. Thanks to Rick. And we've known each other since 1993, which means we've been friends for 18 years! There's nothing like old friends.
It was a perfect weekend! I'm dreaming about warm sand and acai berries. Oh and to resolve any confusion, there is no baby in my belly. Just weird fluffy clothes. Lesson learned.
I love you girls!
Girls, I think we look dang good for 35!
That sounds like it was so much fun. I love getting together with old friends and acting like crazy girls again. It's so awesome that Rick was there to support you.
Post a Comment