I can't believe the mister is already nine months old. Time really does fly by. We went to the doctor for our 9 month well baby check up healthy as can be and left sick. I always hate going to the doctor because I am always worried Athen is going to get sick sitting in that small waiting room full of sick kids. Well sure enough it happened. There was a kid wearing a mask, sick as can be. I should have kept Athen in his stroller and not let him cruise around the couches. He got sick first and then passed it along to me. Not fun at all.
Here are his 9 month stats:
19 pounds - 25% percentile
27.5" - 25% percentile
80% percentile for head
I was a little surprised at his stats. People are always commenting on how chunky and tall he is and sure enough he is short and skinny. He is just as tall as all his little friends who are all older than him so I'm surprised they said he was short. I guess he gets the height from his mama, the head from his papa and the weight from both of us.
Athen at 9 months:
Crawls - excels - he is very quick
Cruises - excels - he started cruising way before he started crawling. He goes from one piece of furniture to the next without batting an eye.
Climbing - Good - he climbs up onto his wooden cart, tries to climb out of his walker, and tries to climb on anything close to him.
Pulls himself up - excels - he has been doing this for awhile, he discovered this in his crib.
Claps his hands - Good - he loves to spin in circles and clap his hands.
Makes thunder down under - excels - he is very good at this, it must be the boy in him - loud and smelly.
Sign language - OK - he knows the milk sign, and the yeah sign but doesn't always do it.
Sleeper - Good - for the most part he goes to sleep when I put him down.
Screeching - excels - he has recently discovered his screeching voice and can use it loudly.
Playing - excels - he can play with himself and keep himself entertained for hours.
Athen loves playing in his rubbery ducky tub at bath time, loves eating yogurt, yogurt melts, sweet potato puffs, and any kind of jarred baby meat, loves pacifiers, any kind or shape, loves when his papa comes home at night, loves when I sing primary songs to him, loves spending time with his grandma and cousin Alyssa, loves his star blanket and his tiger, and loves Sierra the dog.
Athen doesn't like textured food very much, sitting in his car seat when the car is not moving, getting his nails cut, and dirty diapers.
We love this guys he is great! Here are a few pictures of him.




Athen holds on to Rick's hair when he is on his shoulders. It's funny.


He loves pushing the cart all over at grandma's house, and sometimes he falls.
35
I can't believe I finally caught up to Rick. I turned 35 over the weekend. It wasn't the greatest since I was sick. Rick had plans to sweep me off my feet over the weekend while my mom watched Athen but Athen and I got sick and we had to cancel our plans. Instead we didn't do much. Rick got up with Athen in the morning and I slept in. He made me pancakes with huckleberry jam for breakfast - delicious. I got my sewing machine for my birthday which I was so excited for. I have been wanting one for months now. I also got Adobe Photoshop CS5 and Illustrator CS5 for my mac. I am sooo excited. My mom got me an IsabelleGrace necklace which I love! I think I did pretty good this year.
I wasn't really up for a nice dinner so I decided I wanted my favorite pizza in the world - Fat Slice on Telegraph Ave. Rick said he wanted to buy me a cd for my birthday so we headed into Rasputin's. We bought The Strokes, The Bravery and two of The Hives. Being on Telegraph street and buying used cd's at Rasputin's brought back memories of the olden days. This is where I use to spend my weekends about 20 years ago - hanging out on Telegraph St. record shopping and eating pizza. I guess it was a good place for me to be on my 35th birthday because it made me feel young again. We then headed over to Fenton's for some caramel and ice cream. The reason I say caramel and ice cream is because I go there for the caramel and I have them add a little ice cream on the side. The caramel is so delicious.
On Sunday we went for our usual family walk and Rick made some comment about the guy passing us by with his ipod in his mouth. However, he referred to it as a walkman instead of an ipod. We both started laughing and said that that word really does ages us. I had a yellow sports walkman on my mission, that is how old I am.

We went to the ward picnic on Labor day. Here is a picture of us. Athen looks a little funny here but he is still a cutie.
4 comments:
Well Happy Birthday even though you were sick...stink!!! But you definitely scored on your gift. You little man is so BIG and CUTE!!!!
Isn't it crazy how fast they grow? Also, ya sick kids is THE WORST! We're still recovering from the lack of sleep we got last week when Finn was sick.
How am I not surprised by his head being in the 80th percentile. Son like father. Love you guys!
Happy Birthday Corene!! Wow, how time flies. Athen is adorable... we should get the boys together sometime soon!
Post a Comment