Bingham

Bingham

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Tree

It was Athen's first birthday yesterday and as much as I want to blog all about it right now, I have decided I better get caught up on the happenings before his birthday first.

We started our Christmas family tradition of cutting down our Christmas tree in the Santa Cruz mountains every year when we first got married. This year was a little different then years in the past. In the past we have gone with our friends to cut down the tree but this year our schedules did not allow. We also have had 70 degree weather in the past and have enjoyed warm sunny days in the mountains. This year was Athen's first time and we headed to Cress Ranch only to find a cold and very rainy day. We loaded the little mister into the Bob and headed along the trail with winter coats, gloves, ponchos and umbrellas in hand. In the past we have spent many hours in search of a large and beautiful Christmas tree. This year we spent minutes searching for a very small beautiful Christmas tree. We or I guess I should say I decided this year we needed a small tree to put on our side table instead of a large tree that stands on the ground. For one, we are in a new place and our new place doesn't have 16 foot ceiling and doesn't allow very large trees. Secondly, I didn't want the mister thinking it was a toy and grabbing at all the ornaments. He has done good so far. He just looks and points at the Christmas tree rather than grabbing and pulling on it.





Our little four foot tree is beautiful. We decorated it with all my ornaments from growing up rather than all my new beautiful expensive ornaments. Each year I got a new ornament for Christmas which is something my dad did when he was a little boy as well. He still decorates his tree with his antique ornaments from when he was young. I figured this little tree fits well with our little family. Our new place is pretty small so I put about 7 bins of Christmas decorations back into the storage unit for another year when we have more space. It still feels cozy, warm and like Christmas.


1 comment:

Sweet November said...

We have to tell you how much we actually love your new place MORE than your old place! Weird huh! It''s just so warm, cozy and super inviting. You just feel so comfortable being there! And with all the Christmas decor its freaking adorable!